Monday, August 06, 2007

INVASIVE ALERT--Mile-a-Minute in Princeton!!

A new invasive plant has made its way to Princeton. While passing by on a bicycle, I found it growing next to a driveway within sight of the Princeton Shopping Center. It's triangular leaves and curved spines are unmistakeable. "Mile-a-Minute" is it's name--appropriate given its rate of growth.
I'll add to this post when I find out where else it's been found, whether it's officially listed as a noxious plant in NJ, and any details about what to do if you find it. In the meantime, keep an eye out for it. If you find it, let me know, and if it's on your property pull it out!

Update, 3/2011: After stopping by several times to knock on the door, I finally met the homeowner, who was glad to get rid of the weed. We pulled it out before it could make seeds, and haven't seen it since.




No comments:

Post a Comment